Tips on Mobile Friendly Email Marketing
Do you read emails on your phone? How many of your customers check email on their phones? A report by Nielson finds that 53% of mobile users check their emails on their phone more than once a day, yet many businesses aren’t making their email marketing campaigns 'mobile friendly'.
To make your email marketing mobile friendly for you and your customers, follow these simple tips:
- Links: Make your call to action clickable, and be sure it’s big enough to “click” with a fingertip.
- Columns: If doing a "mobile only" campaign be sure to stick to just one column for easy reading.
- Simple versus attractive: Mobile customers don’t have much room on their screen. Keep your design simple and uncluttered.
- Strong subject line: Most mobile phones will only display the first 5-6 words. Make them count.
- Above The Fold: Keep your heavy weight important content at the top to encourage readers to scroll down through the whole message.